WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

Dangerb0y
I have seen some very wild and wacky Shadowbox customizations in my time on the World Wide Web... It's time to put them to the test!

When I say customization, this can be anything that varies from the original installation of Shadowbox. The only limitation is your imagination ;)

Now here's how to participate...

1) Paste a direct link to the page containing the Shadowbox and give instructions on what to do/click on to actually make the Shadowbox pop up!

2) Describe (as briefly as possible) what customizations/variations have been implemented in the Shadowbox. This isn't a game of spot-the-difference.

3) Specify if YOU have created this custom Shadowbox yourself, or if you just happened to stumble upon it during your ventures.

That's it. So without further delay, let's get this show on the road!

GOOD LUCK and may the best Shadowbox WIN!!!

Re: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

Dangerb0y
Since I have a custom Shadowbox of my own (I bet no one saw that coming) I'll post the first entry...

1)
This is the link to my Shadowbox

Scroll down the page a bit and click on a square thumbnail underneath "Photographs:".

2)
- Dynamic multi-line title/description at the top. 3 lines max.
- Custom border (dark gray when displaying a picture, orange when changing between pictures). Fades smoothly between the two colors.
- Colored navigation icons (bottom-right).
- Custom 'loading' gif animation.
- Cancel in the top right, loader in the top left.
- Smaller, sleeker font.
- Darker overlay (the background that darkens the page below the Shadowbox).
- Ability to navigate with cursor keys and by clicking on the picture (left-click: next, right-click: previous).

3)
Yes, this is my work *bow*, although I have had help from this forum and others.

NOTE: You can use HTML when posting (eg. for your link).

Re: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

kelleyl
How did you make the background of the page darker with shadowbox.js?
I am a novice and don't know JavaScript, but I can figure it out if you tell me what to look for.
Thanks!

Re: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

kiwidownunder
kelleyl wrote
How did you make the background of the page darker with shadowbox.js?
I am a novice and don't know JavaScript, but I can figure it out if you tell me what to look for.
Thanks!
Not sure if you worked the above out...but it has had me rattled for a good proportion of the morning trying heaps of things out but thankfully finding the right forum posting.

http://shadowbox-js.com/forum.html#nabble-f1309102

so if you can remember the code you had to place underneath your head tag in your "main document" (whether html OR php) copy and paste this code in and see what it has done

Hope this helps for it worked fine for me

Re: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

kelleyl
Thank You kiwidownunder!!!

I went one step further with your answer and found overlayOpacity in the shadowbox.js document and changed .5 to .9.  It works perfectly across all of my pages without having to change every page.

I would not have found it without you.

Cheers! :)

RE: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

kiwidownunder
hey mate that is cool!!

can you send me a link to your website if you can so i can have a look

i am still trying to suss aspects of it out especially if you have shadowbox running on other pages and if or not it has got javascript already on the page...possible conflict issues but is hit and miss i must add

there are some clever guys out there and i just ask like you do hoping that we can get the answers and you just spread what you learn etc

asked one character how he did certain things with no reply cos what he did ROCKED!!

have a good one

kiwidownunder

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:02:49 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

Thank You kiwidownunder!!!

I went one step further with your answer and found overlayOpacity in the shadowbox.js document and changed .5 to .9.  It works perfectly across all of my pages without having to change every page.

I would not have found it without you.

Cheers! :)

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/WHO-has-the-COOLEST-custom-Shadowbox-tp3356566p4898739.html
To unsubscribe from Re: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?, click here.

If it exists, you'll find it on SEEK Want to be a Space Travel Agent?

RE: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

kelleyl

Re: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

Web Worx
A site a designed back in 2010: http://www.michaelchance.com/

Navigate to any of the projects under the projects link and click on any of the thumbnails for images or videos.

Aside from the border color I designed custom buttons for SB.

Re: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

VUELA
I used Shadowbox for my online portfolio site at: http://www.vueladesign.com -- click the images to open up in shadowbox, or click the project title to view full project page with more shadowbox usage.

I have also designed and developed this site that is using shadowbox: http://www.pizzacentric.com

Thanks!

Re: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

findingcore
Here's mine folks:

1) http://findingcore.com/media/video/

http://findingcore.com/media/photos/

2) Rather heavily modified shadowbox.css file (forgot to back it up before upgrade, lost it all, and had to recreate from ground up). Now reading up on how to choose custom .css for future upgrades, leaving my mods intact.

Custom buttons, and true css shadowing.

3) Fully created by myself from original shadow box code.

Let me also note, I am a web developer, and have used many lightbox alternatives (still use others as well on various sites) including Fancybox, colorbox, prettyphoto etc etc. However, Shadowbox.js was the best all around utility that gave me NO grief whatsoever, and I would recommend in a heartbeat.

Hopefully you like my mods.

Serves my band's website fine. Shameless plus... Hope you like my band too!

Re: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

RobLang
Hey Vuela, How did you fix the size of the shadowbox on your site? I think it works well for consistency

Re: WHO has the COOLEST custom Shadowbox?

LiquidGooey
You rule, thank you for posting the code to make the background darker...made it easy and fast!