White Screen: Shadowbox QT Player and Internet Explorer - FIXED

White Screen: Shadowbox QT Player and Internet Explorer - FIXED

arttronics
I discovered a valid fix that is easily applied.

A change in a value for an attribute in the Shadowbox QuickTime Player is all that's needed.

The original string value for scale:"aspect" is the root of the problem.

Changing this value to Boolean scale:1 will preserve the aspect function while providing full compatibility with Internet Explorer.

Apply this change in the shadowbox.js file.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: White Screen: Shadowbox QT Player and Internet Explorer - FIXED

arttronics
TIPS: Ensure you are specifying the correct video dimensions for Shadowbox otherwise the QuickTime Control bar may be clipped.

       Needless to say, ensure your browser window can accommodate the video size otherwise it will be hidden.

       A quick double-click in the center of Shadowbox can also auto-start the QuickTime movie should your Shadowbox.init settings have the "autoplayMovies" set to false.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: White Screen: Shadowbox QT Player and Internet Explorer - FIXED

CodeMonster
Works like a charm, well done sir!

Re: I am trying to link an mp4 movie to an image

ranya
Hi, I am trying to link an mp4 movie to an image so it opens in the same window as what shadowbox does. But it keeps opening my movie in a new window. How can I fix that?

Please help me.

Thanks,
Ranya

Re: White Screen: Shadowbox QT Player and Internet Explorer - FIXED

Layla
I cannot get the controls to show up even though I put in the correct size and did the changes you suggested. Any thoughts?