WordPress menu breaks rel attribute

hepdoll
Hi! I've come here because I'm having some trouble getting the Shadowbox to work with WordPress menu items.

When I create a menu in WordPress 3.5, under Appearance --> Menus, it gives me the option to define a "Link Relationship (XFN)". So, I enter:

shadowbox;width=1135

in the box, and it is supposed to result in outputting:

<a ... rel="shadowbox;width=1135">

but instead what's happening is WordPress is stripping the punctuation marks from what I enter, leaving me with:

<a ... rel="shadowboxwidth1135">

I can't seem to figure out how to get WordPress to accept what I'm entering and not strip it clean of the punctuation marks. Can anyone give me a hand with this? I would so appreciate it!