Quantcast

Working around W3C validation errors under html5

Working around W3C validation errors under html5

David Dantes
I've used shadowbox with images in an XHTML 1.0 Transitional environment, and the results are wonderful.  Now I've updated my site, using html5, and would like to avoid the W3C errors associated with "rel='shadowbox'".  I've read that the phrase "rel=" can be replaced with "class=" in shadowbox.js, and a similar replacement made in the html, which clears up the W3C issue.  However, I can't find an instance of "rel=" in the js file (version 3.03.  What am I overlooking?  Thank you.

Re: Working around W3C validation errors under html5

David Dantes
My mistake.  I made an error in my search of shadowbox.js   The solution is working fine.

Re: Working around W3C validation errors under html5

Marc
I'd suggest using HTML5's data- prefix. You could replace the 2 instances of "rel" by e.g. "data-image" or the such.