brief whiteout of shadowbox portal before image display

brief whiteout of shadowbox portal before image display

Mark Hinnebusch
Hello,

  When running IE7, I see a brief whiteout of the shadowbox after the loading animation closes and the image displays.  Of course, this doesn't happen on Firefox nor on IE6.  Interestingly enough, it also doesn't happen on the examples on the shadowbox home page when viewed in IE7.  I looked at the source of that page and see nothing different from what I am doing and I have not changed anything in shadowbox.js (except the changes wizzud suggested for IE7 in quirks mode needing absolute positioning.)  I looked around on the forum but if there is something there, I missed it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-mark

Re: brief whiteout of shadowbox portal before image display

Wizzud
Do you have a web-accessible page that we can look at?

Re: brief whiteout of shadowbox portal before image display

Wizzud
Edit shadowbox.js
Find the loadContent() function
Locate the iframe case statement ( case 'iframe': )
Immediately before the call to resizeContent(...) insert the line

if(isIE){ content.allowtransparency = 'true'; }

This adds one extra parameter to the content object (set up just above resizeContent(...) call) which tells IE to allow the iframe to be transparent. It should then show black as the background colour during the brief transition while the iframe source file loads.
If you want to check that it's doing what it should, temporarily add...

...to your main page and you should see a flash of red background instead.