can't enter into form fields with firefox

can't enter into form fields with firefox

edoriv
I've searched the forum several times and have not found the specific problem I am having.
I can't provide access to the site at this time due to NDA at this time.

The link I am using to call an inline form is as follows

a rel="shadowbox;options:{enableKeys:false,modal:true};width=400;height=200" class="option" title="Login" href="#form">Login

as you see I have the enableKeys:false in the link

The trouble I'm having is that when using FireFox when you try to click in a form field you can't type in the field.

IE  and Safari both work though so I'm wondering why only Firefox would behave this way.

I'm sure I've overlooked something simple but at this point my head is starting to hurt. any clues?

Cheers
Edward

Re: can't enter into form fields with firefox

edoriv
Sorry to post a reply to my own post but I've also just now observed something I thought was strange.
Using Firefox I turned off page styles css when I click the link a rel="shadowbox;options:{enableKeys:false,modal:true};width=400;height=200" class="option" title="Login" href="#form">Login a second copy of the login form appears one of them i can type in the fields the second one i click in the form field  and it sends the cursor to the corresponding field of the other form... I am guessing this is a clue to the issue. yet again I'm stumped as to why only Firefox would behave this way.

Re: can't enter into form fields with firefox

build

Re: can't enter into form fields with firefox

edoriv
thank you build - I have seen that thread and have tried it - i've just tried once more following those instructions. to be clear you are suggesting using the javascript version of the link instead of the standard link.

upon reading further i noticed something mentioned about using id's  - here i've been thinking it's how my link was formed and it was the id's in the form fields :-\

thanks so much for pointing me back to that thread... Like I said in my first post i knew it was something simple I was overlooking

Cheers
Edward