customer claims SB works on 1 page, yet not on another?

customer claims SB works on 1 page, yet not on another?

eTard
so I have a site where we have SB working on a page with buttons. click a button, SB opens, a video starts to play. works perfect for customer.

now it gets tricky. we have another page that has a SB in a SB. So, click a button and a SB opens an html page with world map image with a bunch of stick pins on it. click a stick pin and an image map hot spot triggers a SB with a video playing in it. THIS page does not work for this 1 client. he claims that the first SB triggers and he gets the map, but the second SB triggers the shadow, but no video, or video window, or any indication of a video happens... just a shadow effect. He does claim that if he right clicks a pin and opens the video in a new window, the video plays for him. So, it seems he has the correct plugin installed as he can play videos. and it seems SB works as it triggers on other pages and on this page, it triggers the first SB and the second SB.. but the video will not play.

This page works on both Mac and PC in FF, Opera, Safari, Chrome, IE, Netscape.. only this 1 customer reports this issue and note that the same code that is used on the SB for the page that works is the same SB code on the page that does not work. Seems only diff is 1 is triggered by buttons (images) while the other is triggered by image map.. but I might be grasping at straws?

any thoughts on where to look for this issue?

Re: customer claims SB works on 1 page, yet not on another?

eTard
bump.... any help?

Re: customer claims SB works on 1 page, yet not on another?

eTard
no one...wow :(

Re: customer claims SB works on 1 page, yet not on another?

eTard
bump??

Re: customer claims SB works on 1 page, yet not on another?

NiteRain
Not sure if we had the same problem, but in my case, it was the doctype at the top, on the site I believe in the quirks mode section.

Worked for me...

Re: customer claims SB works on 1 page, yet not on another?

eTard
hmm.. I will test and report back.. thanks.

Re: customer claims SB works on 1 page, yet not on another?

eTard
yep, that did it.. thanks!