Quantcast

display youtube video with shadowbox

12

display youtube video with shadowbox

wesley
can shadowbox display youtube videos?

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

Juss
Yes of course, but this guy is not mentioning how to do that.

You don't have to worry about any swf player, because you can just use the iframe option

Here is an example:

Youtube Link

When I click on my YouTube links I see the full YouTube web site and not just my video. What is wrong?

You have probably used the wrong form of the YouTube URL. If you used something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D3kFn_3xRY that will disaply the YouTube website and not just the video. To just get the video use a link that looks like http://www.youtube.com/v/3D3kFn_3xRY.

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

Juss
Example again:

a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qLcTIpB3XDo" rel="shadowbox;width=405;height=340"

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

Mike
Linking youtube videos like this doesn't seem to work for me for some reason on either Firefox, IE, or Chrome. Opens and displays photos just fine, but not youtube links. tried with Prototype and mootools...

When it comes to the youtube videos, though, all that happens is a darkened screen...

Do I have to set up options specifically to display youtube videos before I initialize Shadowbox? Sounded like shadowbox was supposed to automatically detect the appropriate player to use, etc... what gives?

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

Juan
Yes, the code is:

a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T4y0OLPelMI&rel=1&autoplay=1" rel="shadowbox;width=640;height=480;player=swf"

and the code to run the shadowbox is:

Cheers!

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

Sekhon
Thanks a Lot!

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

Boris Rio
Thank you so much!
I wonder why don't they explain this in the usage section...

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

Alex_IS
Thx man!

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

wong3233
Hi, I am having a similar problem with implementing youtube on our website. The specific page is:http://www.sichuanreliefmission.org/photogallery.htm

I've tried most of the troubleshooting on this page, but when I click on the image-link the screen simply darkens, but no video. The link itself seems to work fine without shadowbox (and it's not the www.youtube...watch link)

Hope someone can help, but otherwise the program is great!

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

Ken Shepherd
Same problem with YouTube videos. Tried every tip suggested but YouTube just won't display. Tested on Mac Safari and Firefox.

Love Shadowbox but disappointed that we can't showcase our videos the way we showcase our photos.

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

RemyL
Hi all,

I've the same pbm than wong3233, only a darken screen, i've tried all of solutions explained here..
Youtube, Vimeo or local video doesn't work.

-> a href="http://www.vimeo.com/9241812" rel="shadowbox">Blabla < /a>

Note: Shadowbox works perfectly with my images.

Thanks and regards.

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

alex
Hi all,

I have the same question i got a loading screen but not video (it works in fancybox, but fancybox freezes IE).

What is the trick??

regards

@wong yours should work with something like this

hence add player =swf

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

alex
Ok guys/girls

I found a solution. After looking at Wong's problem i notice the following

http://www.youtube.com/v/PPVNBJk4hic
works

but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPVNBJk4hic
doesn't work

In summary in my case i had parsed a feed with the ?v and now i am taking teh /v/

Would be nice if the guys from shadow box could add the ?v

regards

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

gvernon
I'm trying to get clarification on this: "rel" is not valid markup. I'm hoping to display YouTube as well by properly controlling it through the script. Is this possible or not?

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

ereece
Got it to work... Thanks!

Running Video with the Shadowbox effect

Youtube Link comes in like this:

WORKS: need to replace the "/watch?v=" with "/v/"

Shadowbox doesn't work with IPhone yet. Anyone know how?

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

Renegade Havoc
Just downloaded shadowbox a few minutes ago. I got it to work after the post with the use of "/v/" format for YouTube instead of the more common "/watch?v=" format. I just used shadowbox's default settings. For loading it, I just used:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/shadowbox.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/shadowbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
Shadowbox.init();
</script>

Then used this link for the anchor tag:

And it works fine.

If anyone is having problems loading just the video (what gets loaded is the entire YouTube page), maybe the video had the "Enbedding" settings to set to "No".

Joe

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

Joe
It seems to have to do with how you download it.

It would not display anything but the grayed out background at first.

Then I downloaded shadowbox files again. This time, I selected "Base (Standalone)" and selected all the checkbox options.

It worked immediately.

Before I had selected Jquery for the adapter and only selected the movie player. It did not work.

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

AvdP
To play Vimeo movies get the EMBED code and find "http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=XXXXXXX" then place that in de link tag and now you can also play Vimeo movies.

Greets,

AvdP

Re: display youtube video with shadowbox

JustBobF
You know, I have the same problem. Clicking on a placeholder image would just dim the entire page until I uploaded the pages and files to the internet to test it. Worked fine on once the pages were on the net.
12