flash disappears behind shadowbox

12

flash disappears behind shadowbox

Sandra_sp
This post was updated on .
Hello everyone, i hope someone can help me.
I've seen some people in the forum had the same issues with flash and shadowbox that i've been experimenting, but so far none of those answers seems to work for me.
Here is the thing: I created a flash website with a few img galleries working with shadowbox. Although everything works fine, problem is, shadowbox gallery covers flash completely.

U can check the code of my index at:

http://www.framestorm.tv/user/eva_escolano/index.html

I created a galleries.js with the images.
And this is how i call shadowbox and those images in flash:

stop();

import flash.external.ExternalInterface;

bt_1.onRelease = function() {
        ExternalInterface.call("moda(0)");
};
bt_2.onRelease = function() {
        ExternalInterface.call("moda(1)");

I already tried with the:
var hide = ['select']; // tags to hide
instead of:
var hide = ['select', 'object', 'embed']; // tags to hide
in the shadowbox.js

and with wmodes in 'opaque' and 'trasparent'...but as i said, it didn't work.

I hope anyone can help me. Thanks!!

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

Mircea M
Are you aware that your shadowbox is not working in IE8?

Alright, but it's not working in Firefox or Safari either.
Any thoughts? Thank u

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

Mircea M
So far, all flash-luched shadowbox I saw makes the flash player disappear and nobody has been able to do anything about it. There are other posts here on the same subject, but in your case, I do not see why you need a shadowbox, when you can make the pictures just fill the player you have already.

However, how did you do it so the shadowbox open horizontally first and then vertically with the loading sign in the left corner?

Best,
Mike

flash disappears behind shadowbox

Sandra_sp
It is a shame that such a cool effect can't work properly in a flash site. Anyway, i'll follow your advice and i'll try to get something similar just loading the pics within flash.

About the vertically and horizontal loading you are asking me, to be honest i don't remember changing anything to do so; but i've seen it works like that for many people around here.

Thanks a lot for your replies.

flash disappears behind shadowbox

Sandra_sp
Any ideas to make shadowbox work in IE8??
In the end it works fairly well in all browsers but IE8, at least for me...

The error says:

Agente de usuario: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; InfoPath.2)
Fecha: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:02:44 UTC

Mensaje: Argumento no válido.
Línea: 1120
Carácter: 4
Código: 0
URI: http://www.framestorm.tv/user/eva_escolano/shadowbox/jquery-1.2.6.js

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

Peter
The thing is that there is a fullscreen flash-based website : http://www.whitelies.com/ , when you rollover eg 'social' click on facebook you get shadowbox, flash playing happily in the background.

I need to sort this out too; can't find a solution.

flash disappears behind shadowbox

Sandra_sp
I found the solution to make it work in IE8.
All i had to do to fix the IE8 problem was adding the following to the skin css file:

#shadowbox_title {
  border: 0px solid;
}

#shadowbox_info {
  border: 0px solid;
}

Still not transparent to see flash behind though. Peter, How did u manage to do it?
About your issue, i've seen these days going around the forum that your question has been already answered. I'll look for it and see if i can help u out.

(awesome work u re doing with that web, by the way)

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

Sandra_sp
hey mate. Have a look at this, it might gives u a clue:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/156/tn_15683.html

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

Peter
Thanks for a quick reply. The adobe stuff doesn't mention transparency. It's more about calling javascript from flash. Or am I missing something?

I'm really after sorting the flash disappearing from behind SB.

Cheers

flash disappears behind shadowbox

Sandra_sp
Sorry mate, i thought u meant to stop the animation once shadowbox was open.
Funny thing is, that when i first checked your site in Firefox i could see the flash video trought the transparency...that's why i asked how u did it. I'm having the same problem.

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

Peter
this website is just an example that the transparency + flash can be done, it wasn't done by me. I'm trying to get hold of the guys who did the website. So far no luck.

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

Mircea M
Peter, I am sorry but the site you mention above does not look anything like shadowbox to me but a cool flash effect.

Mike

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

Peter
It is a flash web site with shadowbox implemented. Try rollover 'social' then click on 'facebook' - shadowbox pops up with a website in it. Source code reveals shadowbox too.

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

Mircea M
This post was updated on .
Yep, you are right. They did it, so it is possible. However, the site has big problems still.

Sandra, which skin css you modified? You file's css or shadowbox.css?
Whould you send me your shadowbox.jx and shadowbox.css file to make my shadowbox open as yours?
burzuc@yahoo.com

thank you,
mike

flash disappears behind shadowbox

Sandra_sp
There is a file called skin.css, all i did to fix the IE8 problem was adding the following to the file:

#shadowbox_title {
  border: 0px solid;
}

#shadowbox_info {
  border: 0px solid;
}

I have all the files in the office. As soon as i get back on Monday i'll send them to u so u can have a look.
Cheers,

NS

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

NS
Shadowbox hides the flash objects, and i haven't found a solution for version 3, but in version 2 (found here: http://code.google.com/p/michaeljackson/downloads/list)  you can replace this piece of code in shadowbox.js:

    var toggleVisible = function(cb){
        var els, v = (cb) ? 'hidden' : 'visible';
        var hide = ['select', 'object', 'embed']; // tags to hide
        for(var i = 0; i < hide.length; ++i){
            els = document.getElementsByTagName(hide[i]);
            for(var j = 0, len = els.length; j < len; ++j){
                els[j].style.visibility = v;

with the following:

         var toggleVisible = function(cb){
        var els, v = (cb) ? 'hidden' : 'visible';
        var hide = ['select'/*, 'object', 'embed'*/]; // tags to hide
        for(var i = 0; i < hide.length; ++i){
            els = document.getElementsByTagName(hide[i]);
            for(var j = 0, len = els.length; j < len; ++j){
                els[j].style.visibility = v;

and it will keep flash visible underneath the shadowbox. I found this fix elsewhere on the net, and I take no responsibility for it, however I tested it and it seems to work fine.

Hopefully there will be something like this for version 3 as well.

Thanks,

n.

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

cricri
nell'ultima versione build, cercare questa riga:

v_cache=[];each(["select","object","embed","canvas"]

e commentarla così:

v_cache=[];each(["select",/*"object","embed"*/,"canvas"]

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

Mark
I was looking for this and here is the solution for version 3b :

Open the shadowbox.js and go to line 867 : el.style.visibility = 'hidden';
Comment this line out like this: // el.style.visibility = 'hidden';

Save the file and transparancy works in all new browsers !!!

Re: flash disappears behind shadowbox

Aaron Max Epstein
I open the JS file in dreamweaver and I get jumbles up text. Also I can't find the exact line that you are talking about. el.style.visibility = 'hidden';
12