flash player question in Shadowbox 2.0

havarti
I have an application that creates servlets to various media content and I am using shadowbox to display them. When I set the correct player type, my servlets display correctly for images, swf and mov file types in shadowbox.

However, when I try flash video files, they aren't recognizable by the flash player. I am using the default player (flvplayer.swf) and flash files from the shadowbox gallery for testing). Any idea why this player doesn't work with my servlet?

Below is the rendered HTML created by shadowbox using the "alien.flv" file from the provided test files:

<object id="shadowbox_content" width="400" height="320" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="shadowbox_content">
<param value="/ContentCube/asp/util/jscripts/shadowbox/src/flvplayer.swf" name="movie" />
<param value="file=http://donkey/ContentCube/servlet/com.contentcube.asp.StreamContent?dbid=69eq-ueadb0SvR8lX5O5d6rDe8AgNqW_&width=550&height=550&preview=true&defaultIcon=asp/images/defaultPreviewIcon.gif&height=320&width=400&autostart=false&displayheight=300&showicons=true&backcolor=0x000000&frontcolor=0xCCCCCC&lightcolor=0x557722" name="flashvars" />
<param value="true" name="allowfullscreen" />
</object>

Re: flash player question in Shadowbox 2.0

havarti
I got it to work. I had to get an updated player that handled progressive downloading and add a "type=video" parameter to the flashvars.

The  problem was most likely that the player didn't support progressive downloading which is basically the way my servlet was sending the file bits.

Thanks again for all the recent support.