placing the link to Vimeo for shadowbox to play

placing the link to Vimeo for shadowbox to play

Vitaly
Hi,
Could you help me with placing the link to Vimeo file that will play my demo reel in shadowbox? I don't know how to get started...
Thank you!

Re: placing the link to Vimeo for shadowbox to play

arttronics
Here's a DEMO for Vimeo that I made not to long ago.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: placing the link to Vimeo for shadowbox to play

Vitaly
Currently, I have this code to play demo reel that is in my host drive:
function SBdemoReel(){

        window.parent.Shadowbox.open({

            content: "../demoreel/VitalyBurov_Demoreel.mp4",
            player: "flv",
            title: 'Demo Reel of Vitaly Burov',
            width: 720,
            height: 480

Where should I put this new code?

Re: placing the link to Vimeo for shadowbox to play

arttronics
This post was updated on .
Break down the new code in sections.

What is the href for in the code?

Is there a Shadowbox player listed in the code?

Is there Shadowbox width listed in the code?

Is there Shadowbox height listed in the code?

If so, then put those items in your Shadowbox.open where they belong.

If you still can not figure it out, then post your code correctly and I will correct it.

EDIT: Added highlight color to select items that were ignored.

            content: "http://player.vimeo.com/video/40912315",
            player: "flv",
            title: 'Demo Reel of Vitaly Burov',
            width: 400,
            height: 295

        });
-------------------------------------

Re: placing the link to Vimeo for shadowbox to play

Vitaly
I don't get it! The code won't work and no one is trying to help me to fix it. I need to make it running!

What code do u need?
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/40912315?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="295" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Vitaly
I saw the post before this one and there you explain it all in details. But the problem is, how can I use it with the code I already have? Do I have to attach the whole new code to the button "demo reel" and delete the old one?

Re: placing the link to Vimeo for shadowbox to play

arttronics
It is good you read that post.

Reference this POST.

The next step you need to do is answer the questions I asked you instead of avoiding them.

Thank you for helping and teaching me.
No, there is no Shadowbox player listed in the code.

rel="shadowbox; player=iframe
Is it right?

Re: placing the link to Vimeo for shadowbox to play

arttronics
Yes, the Shadowbox iframe Player is required because that's how the code was written.

Your function has the Shadowbox flv Player which is the wrong player. Change it.

Also change in your function the other items such as width and height.

Your function 'content' is the code's 'href'.

You need to learn how to paste your markup correctly on this forum. Read my signature for tips.

Your markup when you paste it should look like this:
player=iframe

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: placing the link to Vimeo for shadowbox to play

Vitaly
Ok, so this is the code (from what I understand).

}

function SBdemoReel(){

        window.parent.Shadowbox.open({

            href: "http://player.vimeo.com/video/40912315",
            player: "player=iframe",

It is still not working....

Re: placing the link to Vimeo for shadowbox to play

arttronics
The markup you provided is not pasted correctly.

Because you can not accomplish that, I will step aside from this thread and wish you Good Luck in your project.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: placing the link to Vimeo for shadowbox to play

arttronics
Change:
player: "player=iframe",

player: "iframe",