problem with explorer ( transitional DOCTYPE) and one more question

problem with explorer ( transitional DOCTYPE) and one more question

teabag
Hi,

I am having another problem... My shadowbox does not seem to work with Internet Explorer. It just displays the link in a separate window, no shadowbox. http://yukokimura.com/installations.html

Also, I have been reading other posts about the remedy for slow loading - putting this: jQuery(document).ready(function($){
 I'm not sure if it really sped things up too much..I still need to wait a while if I want shadowbox to load correctly. Is there anything else I can do? (besides writing "please wait for page to load completely before clicking on thumbnails") Example: http://yukokimura.com/installations2.html

Thanks for your help!

Re: problem with explorer ( transitional DOCTYPE) and one more question

build
G'day,
In IE6 I get: Line 88. Char 5. Expected Identifier, string or number.

On the DTD (just in case) see:
http://www.mjijackson.com/shadowbox/doc/faq.html
and:
http://www.web.build.id.au/shadowbox/index.php

on the pre-loading see:
http://www.web.build.id.au/shadowbox/index.php
the idea is to hide the page till loaded.

With modern browsers the loading is efficient, older stuff ... well.
This may help:
http://yuiblog.com/blog/2008/07/22/non-blocking-scripts/

there is an error in the css on your page;
magu.css on line 18.
How do I know that?
do a google for Firebug, it is your best friend !
It will tell you your page is too big too, you need to trim it.

beers,
build