rel=shadowbox conflicting with rel=lightbox

rel=shadowbox conflicting with rel=lightbox

wonderland

hi,

I am using the WP plugin, NextGen which puts the rel="lightbox" code into images.

In Shadowbox I've enabled smart loading but it still causes problems (opening up two lightboxes). I only want to use Shadowbox for flash/movies anyway.

I saw a previous post about changing some file called shadowbox.js but this file doesn't exist. I'm using WP version 3.1.1

Here is a link to the page I'm testing.

All the links except the very bottom one are with NextGen. The bottom link is loading a flash file in as a test.

Many thanks.

Re: rel=shadowbox conflicting with rel=lightbox

HenzeBerkheij
maybe use the javascript approach and do not setup the shadowbox. howto is explained in the documentation!

Re: rel=shadowbox conflicting with rel=lightbox

wonderland
Right, I fixed it.

If your rel=lightbox is messing up your rel=shadowbox do the following:

- In the Shadowbox options, make sure: Enable Smart Loading = false.
- Do a search (in the Shadowbox main root dir) in these two files: core.js in cache.js for the words: lightbox|shadowbox
- Delete the first part (in each instance): lightbox|
- Stick those two files over the other ones and refresh.

Should work fine!

Re: rel=shadowbox conflicting with rel=lightbox

JohanWendesten
My rel=lightbox is messing up my rel=shadowbox - shadowbox are opening images with the rel=lightbox tag and I don't want that to happen.

You however seem to have the sollution but for me being able to utilize it there're a few question marks which need to be stretched out first, and I would really appreciate it if you, or someone else, would help me with that.

1. Where do I find the shadowbox options or settings that everyone is talking about? How do I go about enabling the Smart loading option? Shall I just list it in the HTML-document below the init? In that case - what is the proper coding? Is it: (?)

SmartLoading: 'true',

2. I don't understand what you mean by "Shadowbox main root directory." My shadowbox just consists of one js-file and one css-file, and as far as I know I have nothing installed on my computer. So where do I find this directory?

Thanks in advance!

1: http://www.shadowbox-js.com/options.html can be found here (options)
http://www.shadowbox-js.com/usage.html can be found here (usage)

2 the main root directory is the place where the shadowbox.js is copied to. in case your shadowbox.js is htdocs/js/shadowbox.js, htdocs/js/ is the main root directory

Re: rel=shadowbox conflicting with rel=lightbox

JohanWendesten
1.

I've checked the option page a dozen of times, but the SmartLoading option isn't listed there, so what is the proper code to enable it?

2.

I can't find the files core.js and cache.js in the shadowbox main root directory :(

Thanks for helping me though :)