shadowbox does not engage, only opens a new window...

shadowbox does not engage, only opens a new window...

mckeephoto
I know you have seen all this before but I just cannot seem to make this work. And I am sure it is just a little typo somewhere.

I copied one of the examples off of the Shadowbox site to see if that would work. And it didn't, so I am doing something wrong somewhere else. http://aklausz.com/index2.html

Here is the header code too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="shadowbox.css">

Re: shadowbox does not engage, only opens a new window...

ltooz
mckeephoto wrote
I know you have seen all this before but I just cannot seem to make this work. And I am sure it is just a little typo somewhere.

I copied one of the examples off of the Shadowbox site to see if that would work. And it didn't, so I am doing something wrong somewhere else. http://aklausz.com/index2.html

Here is the header code too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="shadowbox.css">
Why don't you try to give the full url of all the css and js files.
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://aklausz.com/shadowboxfolder?/shadowbox.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://aklausz.com/shadowboxfolder?/shadowbox.js"></script>
If the files are in the correct urls then it should work, at least the youtube part, the QT part, I don't think you need to specify player:qt

Cheers,

Louis

Re: shadowbox does not engage, only opens a new window...

dataload
From the example you uploaded it looks like your Shadowbox build is using the Jquery adaptor but you haven't included JQuery on your test page.  Either include JQuery before the reference to shadowbox or download the standalone version of Shadowbox if you aren't using Jquery on your site.

Re: shadowbox does not engage, only opens a new window...

mckeephoto
Ah, ha! Forgetting to put the JQuery link...

Nutz.

That was it and it works now.

Thank you!

Re: shadowbox does not engage, only opens a new window...

Chris
I stumbled upon this forum when my shadowbox STOPPED working on one of my wordpress sites.

I had Shadowbox running on my 3 nearly identical Wordpress blogs.
Upon close source code inspection for differences as well as bits in this forum thread,
I finally found a difference.

2 Working blogs had Shadowbox 3.0.3.9 installed, whereas the broken blog had 3.0.3.8
I haven't logged in to the 3rd one often enough and missed the auto-update before the Shadowbox was pulled from Wordpress repository.

So I grabbed the latest version from the author's website, uninstalled the old, installed the new, and it worked. Easy.

http://sivel.net/2011/12/shadowbox-js-plugin-pulled-from-the-wordpress-org-repository/

Hope that helps someone.
Chris

Re: shadowbox does not engage, only opens a new window...

Richard
It was not working for me until I realized that when I unzipped the file it was shadowbox-3.0.3/shadowbox-3.0.3/then the needed files.

I just corrected the minor directory issue and it works great now.  Sometimes it's the easiest things that stump us... at least for a bit.

<script src="shadowbox-3.0.3/shadowbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script><link rel="stylesheet" href="shadowbox-3.0.3/shadowbox.css" type="text/css">
<script type="text/javascript"> Shadowbox.init(); </script>