too much recursion

michael301080
Hi,

I'm getting the error message "too much recursion".
The preventDefault() function can't stop the event and I'm directed to the new page instead of loading it in an iframe.
I don't have a public site where I can show it. It happens in Safari and FF on Mac, that I know of.
I was able to track it down to line 2162 in shadowbox.js (the toggleOverlay function), it is called there with a closure as a parameter to be used as a callback function inside.
Is there a solution to this?

My prototype version is 1.6.0.2 ,
scriptaculous is 1.8.1 ,
shadowbox is 1.0
(@version     SVN: $Id: shadowbox.js 75 2008-02-21 16:51:29Z mjijackson $)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Kind regards,

Michael

Re: too much recursion

michael301080
I also checked this issue in IE6 on Mac OSX (IEs4linux).

When clicking a "shadowboxed" link, I get a JS alert saying "Stack overflow at line:0".
After I click that away, The shadowbox loads with the desired image inside. However I don't get to see the close link for the box (I don't know if that's the default or not.)

Could someone confirm if this is a bug?
I would really like to use Shadowbox, but this is a showstopper for me.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Re: too much recursion

michael301080
Also IE7 on Vista has the same problem (JS alert: Stack overflow at line:0)
And Opera on Vista behaves like firefox.

I think this definitely is a bug in Shadowbox or its prototype adapter.

Is anyone else using shadowbox with prototype and scriptaculous in the same versions I'm using (check first post)?

Re: too much recursion

Could you show me the code you're using to launch Shadowbox? Nobody else has reported this error.

Re: too much recursion

michael301080
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I'm using:
<script type="text/javascript"> document.observe('dom:loaded', Shadowbox.init); // window.onload = Shadowbox.init; // Event.observe(window, ‘load’, Shadowbox.init); </script>but I have used the others too.
I have an url put up: http://dmc3.el76.com/static/box.php

While debugging this, I noticed shadowbox is a nice piece of work. Good job on that.
Anyway, Thanks for looking at it.

Re: too much recursion

michael301080
I'm surprised no one else is having this error.

I'm using the latest versions of prototype and scriptaculous, and I initialize shadowbox as is described on the website. I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

Anyway, I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Re: too much recursion

michael301080
mjijackson wrote
Could you show me the code you're using to launch Shadowbox? Nobody else has reported this error.
Do you mean "nobody else" as in "those who use Shadowbox" or as in "those who use Shadowbox with Prototype and Scriptaculous" ?

I'm using prototype and scriptaculous with the adapter for it and still haven't found the reason of the bug.
It's caused by the closure used as a parameter in the ToggleOverlay function, but I haven't got any idea on how to fix this.

If anyone could help me out here, that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Van Wesenbeeck