unable to get my impelentation to work...

unable to get my impelentation to work...

travep
Here's my setup:

<pre>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="scripts/shadowbox-js/css/extras.css" />
<script_tag src="scripts/shadowbox-js/js/adapter/shadowbox-base.js"></script_tag>
<script_tag type="text/javascript" src="scripts/shadowbox-js/js/shadowbox-2.0.js"></script_tag>
<script_tag type="text/javascript">
        Shadowbox.loadSkin('classic', 'scripts/shadowbox-js/skin');
        Shadowbox.loadLanguage('en', 'scripts/shadowbox-js/js/lang');
        var sbConf = {
                flvPlayer: 'scripts/shadowbox-js/flvplayer.swf'
        };
        window.onload = function(){
                Shadowbox.init(sbConf);
        };
</script_tag>
</pre>

My test script is on the same level as the scripts directory and the shadowbox-js directory is in my scripts directory so it seems to be referenced properly.  The flvplayer.swf file is also in this directory.  Then, my video is referenced as follows:

<pre>
click me
</pre>

Clicking this link just goes to an empty web page and displays the player.  If I replace the <script></script> block at the top with references to a friend's implementation, (http://hissite/...) then it works.  I took his implementation and dropped it into my environment so it should be the same.  We did purchase the commercial license but then never got a license key or anything.  Is it possible that I need a license key?  I've hit a road-block, I'm afraid...

Travis

Re: unable to get my impelentation to work...

Wizzud
You don't appear to have loaded a player?
eg.
Shadowbox.loadPlayer( ['qt'] );

Re: unable to get my impelentation to work...

travep
Wizzud,

I really appreciate the response.  I'm needing to play .mov as well as .mp3 files.  I don't see a way to play the .mp3 file in the examples on the site which is why I was trying to do it with my friend's player.  If I do it exactly as the site says ( including Shadowbox.loadPlayer(["flv", "html", "iframe", "img", "qt", "swf", "wmp"], ".../build/player"); ) then it works...for the movies.  The reason I was trying to reference the flv player (flvPlayer: http://...../shadowbox-js/flvplayer.swf') was b/c the one I was imitating plays both.

I'm *more* than open to another way to get both file formats to play.  Is there a better way.

Thanks again for your help, Wizzud!

Travis

Re: unable to get my impelentation to work...

Wizzud
If you look at the source code of shadowbox.js - round about line 365 - you will see the options.ext array that gives all the extensions currently handled by Shadowbox, and the player they are associated with.
'mov' files are currently associated with QuickTime ('qt').
'mp3' files are not handled by default - possibly because Shadowbox is primarily aimed at visual media, not audio?

You can always play around with what player plays what file type, simply by changing/adding to those arrays.

Re: unable to get my impelentation to work...

travep
Sounds like a good place to look...however, my shadowbox.js file is compressed.  Where can I get an uncompressed version?

Travis

Re: unable to get my impelentation to work...

travep
sorry...i see it in the src directory.