whole gallery from single thumbnail?

alyosha47
Love shadowbox... but can't figure out one thing:  how can I launch a slideshow of collected images from a single thumbnail, without including all the images on the launching page?

To clarify:  I have 6 galleries of images.  I want only 6 thumbs on the page, one for each gallery, which when clicked launches a shadowbox gallery of all the images in that gallery.

The user clicks on "France Pictures" and all the france pictures come up in a shadowbox, but without being present in the launching page.

If they're not on the launching page, I have no  or  tags to which to add a 'rel' attribute to associate them with the gallery.

Does this make sense?  Each thumbnail represents a whole collection of otherwise unseen images.

Thanks so much for your wisdom.

Re: whole gallery from single thumbnail?

alyosha47
OK I think I found an answer to my own question; hope this helps others.

You can put empty A tags into the markup, as follows:

a href="image1.jpg" rel="shadowbox[a]"  img src="image1.jpg" /a
a href="image2.jpg" rel="shadowbox[a]" /a

in this way, only image1 appears on the page, but both images appear in the slideshow.

Re: whole gallery from single thumbnail?

Rob - @formerfatguy
EXACTLY what I needed to make mine work.  Thanks.  I deciphered your HTML.  Awesome.

Re: whole gallery from single thumbnail?

Rob - @formerfatguy
Problem now is that it will not work in IE8.  In IE8, blank placeholders are shown below the single thumbnail that represents the gallery.

Re: whole gallery from single thumbnail?

Jimbabwe
This worked perfectly for me in both FireFox and IE8.  Wonderful solution!  Thank you!

Re: whole gallery from single thumbnail?

Funky
Thank you very much! :) My problem solved.

Re: whole gallery from single thumbnail?

HenzeBerkheij
you can also create non empty a tags with the style set to display: none...

Re: whole gallery from single thumbnail?

ecafsub

this works, but you might get a lot of empty space below your first link.  Instead, enclose the images you don't want visible inside a hidden div.